As required by KRS 42.738, which states “All state agencies in the Commonwealth shall present all project plans for primary wireless public safety voice or data communications systems for review and recommendation by the committee, and the committee shall forward the plans to the chief information officer for final approval. Local government entities shall present project plans for primary wireless public safety voice or data communications systems for review and recommendation by the Kentucky Wireless Interoperability Executive Committee.”
Assessment of Project Plans
All state and local agencies are required to submit an assessment that will aid the KWIEC to review and make recommendations regarding project plans for primary wireless public safety voice or data communications systems. It will also aid the Executive Director of the Commonwealth Office of Technology in making a determination of whether state agencies’ project plans meet the architecture and standards for primary wireless public safety voice or data communications systems.
The KWIEC Wireless Project Assessment Summary form is updated annually. Please ensure that you use the 2016 form which now available lower down this page. There is also an example completed form to clarify what is requested. Also ensure that you use the form applicable to your agency type. Completely fill out the form and email the form in its original format (do not convert to pdf) to email@example.com. A KWIEC Tracking Number will be assigned only after a completed form is sent.
KWIEC Project Review Checklist
- Get a quote that lists the make and models of all of the equipment or of the services desired.
- Completely fill out the 2016 KWIEC Assessment form. Note major end items only (Radios, Computer) on the Assessment Form by make and model. It is understood that power supplies, mics, and antennas are needed so they do not need to be listed on this form.
- 2018 OEC SAFECOM guidance requires standards based radios. If you are asking for approval of proprietary digital (non-P25) or hybrid (proprietary + P-25) radio systems you must include a written justification with a project plan stating how you will eventually upgrade to a standards based P-25 system. This must be included with your KWIEC Project Assessment review request.
- Rename the KWIEC Assessment Excel file to your agency's name and then email the documents to Chuck Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place a printed copy of these items as described above (Vendor Quote, KWIEC Assessment Form, request for waiver and project plan (if applicable), and a copy of the email sent to Chuck Miller) into your Grant Packets when you submit them. This will show the granting agency that you have requested KWIEC review.
The KWIEC Assessment form must be returned as an excel file. A KWIEC Tracking number will be added to the form once received. PDF, Faxes, JPG, or other files cannot be processed and will be rejected.
Local Agencies use this form
KWIEC Project Reviews - CY 2019 form
Example Completed Form
State Agencies use this form
Assessment of Project Plan for Primary Wireless Public Safety Communication Sytem.pdf